Monday, May 3, 2010

The one where Lisa hits 17 weeks...

17 weeks, what what? We're almost halfway there and that's crazy!

Things are getting bigger and stretchier and a bit more uncomfortable. It's nothing that I can't handle on a normal day, but I'm finding that I'm having a really hard time at work. I have a sore back from Monday morning until Friday evening and it's starting to wear on me. There are things that I just can't do anymore (or that I do and feel crazy pain from doing). It's really bothering me. I'm only 17 weeks and I'm not huge - so why is this happening? I get dizzy, light-headed, and feel out of breath doing something as simple as waiting in line at a store. My back absolutely kills me by doing simple tasks at work like changing a diaper or putting someone to bed. It's starting to make me feel a bit useless ... other people work while they're pregnant and they're fine. Why am I having such a hard time?
Starting Monday, I'll be switching shifts at work to hopefully ease some of the pains I've been feeling. My early shift involves a lot of getting the room ready (putting out chairs, putting out new toys, etc.) and handling nap room duties (moving quickly from sitting to standing to bending to put babies in cribs, etc.) so I'm hoping that relieving myself from some of those duties will help. I just feel like a big failure though. I should be able to do my job. Ergh.

Anyway...

Canada Revenue gave me back a whole bunch of money on my tax refund that I deserved but didn't know how to claim (education stuff) so after paying off the car (yay!!), most of my credit card, and a few other odds and ends, I have a bit left over for myself. So, I bought my first pair of maternity pants on Sunday. Woo! They've got the huge panel that goes all the way up my belly and they're super comfy - it's like wearing pyjama pants. They're a little baggy, though, so they're not the most flattering pants (my bum completely disappears in them) but I look forward to having comfy pants to wear again. My regular jeans still fit me if I wear them under my belly, but I don't like low rise pants and that's what they've turned into. I'm a mid-rise girl and my regular jeans just will not button up that way anymore. So yes. Maternity pants! Comfort! Huzzah!

As far as baby updates go, let's see what Rufus-Doofus is up to at 17 weeks!














Rufus-Doofus is the size of an onion! Maybe that's why I've been crying so much lately...
His skeleton is changing from cartilage to hard bone. Fat is starting to develop and will continue throughout the rest of the pregnancy to make him all squishy and adorable. He's getting much more flexible and I should start feeling him moving around pretty soon! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment