Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The one where things change...

Hola!
Boyd, Rufus-Doofus, and I got back from Cuba last night and I thought I'd post a quick little update today. This is Rufus' second international trip ... he's a pretty well-traveled fetus! Auntie Holly got us an adorable baby gift ... little socks that look like Chucks! Super cute. Thanks Holly!










I think he has his baptism "shoes" already... :)

I arrived home from Cuba to a voice mail this morning from the doctor's office. Apparently the hospital gave me the wrong ultrasound date (shocking). I was pretty - read: VERY - disappointed that we had to get a new date because we were both super psyched to see the baby tomorrow. Also, Boyd has the day off tomorrow and I was really aggravated at the thought that he might not be able to make the ultrasound appointment now. Had we known earlier, he could have asked for whatever day it was off but now his May schedule is already out. I called and they told me the new appointment is now for May 27th. I had Boyd's schedule printed out in front of me and was fully prepared to yell if needed, but it turns out that he WILL be able to make it that day. He's off on the 27th and doesn't have to leave for work on the 28th until 8pm. Phew! I enjoy how everything just always seems to work out ... we're just like Jerry. We always break even.

Anyhow, that's the big news for now! I hit 16 weeks on Monday while I was swimming in the beautiful aqua waters of Varadero beach ... so here's the baby update for this week!

Rufus-Doofus is the size of an avocado!















Some websites say that he can hear us now, and some say that he won't be able to hear us for a few more weeks. Regardless, I'll be turning the Green Day up a touch louder in the car from now on. He's playing with the umbilical cord now; grabbing it, pulling it, and letting it go. His circulatory system and urinary tract are in full working order. And, if we did have the ultrasound now, we might be able to find out if he is, in fact, a he! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment