Thursday, September 16, 2010

The one where Lisa promises she didn't forget about this blog...

Better late than never, right?

We're at the 36 week mark and only have about three and a half weeks left until Ladybird's due date. We've still been very very busy over here at the new house so that doesn't really help with the whole "OMG she's coming SOON!" extravaganza. Keeping busy always just makes time fly and, right now, I don't like that! I still have a ton of stuff to do and I really would like it done before the baby arrives. I've had countless people tell me that it's no big deal and that the baby won't notice if nothing is done when she arrives. Well, yeah. She'll be a newborn - she'll barely know that she's human. I'll notice, though, and if I don't get it all done before she arrives then I won't have time once she's here because, ya know, I'll be taking care of a newborn. I just like having some type of routine and I know a newborn throws all routine out the window. I can't even imagine how it's going to be when she arrives and I hadn't even had a routine to begin with. I was really hoping for a few weeks of normalcy before she arrived just for my own sanity's sake. I'm jealous of all those people who have everything washed and prepared and the nursery all finished and who get to relax in their last few weeks of pregnancy. Not me. Ugh. It doesn't help that I'm huge and sore, so even trying to get things done takes twice as long as it should. I'm never moving across the country and buying a house when pregnant ever again!

Ladybird, however, is faring through all of this just fine. I can feel her getting bigger and bigger and sometimes I feel like she's just going to bust out of the front of my stomach, haha. That's not the way out, kiddo! She still moves around quite a bit but not as often as before. I find she has a big movement spell in the morning when I get out of bed, another one late afternoon/early evening, and usually as I'm trying to go to sleep at night. Obviously she moves around more throughout the day, but those seem to be the big ones where I'm uncomfortable because I have a full size baby moving around inside me. She still stretches out a lot and it's still hilarious. She hasn't dropped yet and I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. On one hand, it'll be great to breathe again and not feel that pressure on my ribs, but on the other hand I'm already dealing with lots of pelvic pain and I'm not sure how much more I can take once she's further down there! It's so funny to think that she's basically just a regular ol' baby in there now. I'm so curious to see what she looks like now. I imagine much less Skeletor-like :) As much stuff as there is to finish up around here, I really can't wait to meet her. The hospital will only let me go to 41 weeks before they induce (not 42 like I had thought/hoped), so I guess she'll begin her journey out by October 18th? We'll see! Everyone is convinced that she's going to come early - everyone except me of course.

Anyhow, the sun has finally made an appearance outside after a few days of being away, so it's giving me a bit of an energy boost to get some things done! We'll leave with a baby update to see what's new in Ladybird's neck of the womb!


















Ladybird weighs about 6lbs now and is pretty much the same in length (anywhere between 18 and 20 inches long). Her face has filled out now and is smooth and plump! She continues to store fat and her knees and elbows have started dimpling because of the fat deposits. Cute! Her skull is nice and firm, but not hard to allow her to come through the birth canal. The amniotic fluid has reached its max in there and apparently the placenta now weighs about a pound itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment