Thursday, July 29, 2010

The one where life is crazy

Hello faithful readers!

I apologize for the lateness in updating the blog. To say that life has been crazy lately is a complete understatement. This is the first time in days that I've had a chance to really sit down and "relax" (if you can call sitting on a pillow in the middle of an empty apartment "relaxing").

Over the weekend I flew back home to Nova Scotia and then drove with my mom and stepdad to New Brunswick for my cousin's wedding. Congratulations Jason and Kristal! It was a great time and I was happy to see my extended family. Sadly, though, it was super hot and this pregnant lady isn't used to the hot, dense Maritime heat. I ended up sleeping through the reception. I'm still happy I was able to go and I had a really good time out there. I did discover, though, the flying makes my feet swell like crazy! I had to buy new dress-code-appropriate shoes to wear on the plane because the ones I had were cutting into my feet big time.

I came back to Winnipeg Monday afternoon and from then until now I've been busy, busy, busy, and completely stressed out! I helped Boyd a bit with the finishing touches on packing and the movers came to get all of our stuff on Tuesday. At about 10ish in the morning on Tuesday, Boyd called me at work to tell me that Maggie was missing. We had locked her in the bathroom but one of the movers needed to go, so she got out and bolted. So, in tears, I left work and came home to search. We looked for almost two hours, knocking on doors, searching outside, handing out flyers ... the movers went to pick up our treadmill to take it out of the apartment and there she was. She somehow fit her fat body under the treadmill (maybe a two and a half/three inch space) and was under there the whole time. Thank goodness she was there and safe but both Boyd and I were so unbelievably exhausted by the end of that night because of all that stress. I really don't know why she does this to me. A week before I left for Nova Scotia for our wedding in 2008, she followed me out of the apartment while I was doing laundry and I couldn't find her for four hours. It's like she deliberately waits until we're about the leave the province and then decides she wants an adventure.

Then on Wednesday, Boyd left with Jon Voight (our car), Mr. Wellington (our goldfish), and a bunch of packed belongings and headed out. We hired cleaners to come in and get the apartment move-out ready and paid them quite a bit of money to do so. Well, I came home on Wednesday and they didn't do the things they were supposed to do (namely shampoo the carpets). I was infuriated and just so so upset because I didn't have time to get someone else to come in and do it, nor could I take time off work to make them come back and do it. I couldn't even believe it. Words can't express how furious I was. So, of course, that added more stress. But it's all worked out now - they're ripping this carpet out anyway so my landlord said that it's just between us that we didn't get the carpets cleaned and it's no big deal. Phew!

So now, for the first time in days, I actually feel somewhat stress-free. Somewhat. Today was my last day of work and it was so so hard to say goodbye to everyone. I don't even know if I have tears left. Crazy emotional times! However, it's very late and I still have a few things to do before I head to bed so we'll leave you all with a baby update since I have said a whole lot of nothing about the pregnancy yet!

Yay a new veggie! Ladybird is now the size of a squash! I certainly believe it. She's been wiggling like mad and I can watch it happening even more now. It's pretty hilarious. Her head is getting bigger, her brain is developing like crazy, and her energy is surging. Makes sense to me, because she's been way more active lately than before. Sometimes I wonder if she's an octopus and not actually a baby. Luckily (?) I'm pretty sure she's still breech, so I'm not getting kicked in the ribs - I just get her head jammed up there every once in a while. All five of her sense are fully functional this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment