Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The one with the two month update!

Charlotte turned two months old yesterday! I'd like to say "time flies", but it feels like it's been two months heh. Not that that's a bad thing, I suppose!
































Hogging all the toys!

She went in for her two-month check up today. She is now 10lbs 6oz and 21.5 inches long. She had to get her first round of vaccinations today and it was TERRIBLE! Poor little lovey. I've never heard her cry like that before (obviously, because I don't hurt her) and I never want to hear it again. She screamed so much, I felt awful. We spent the rest of the afternoon snuggled up on the couch together because I just didn't want to let her go. She didn't develop a fever (hooray!) but she seemed to be in pain, so I gave her some Tylenol and she was happy and back to her normal self for the rest of the evening.

Since I'm a huge dork, I've been taking the developmental checklists we use at work and applying them to my own baby. Yes, I take my work home with me (even though I don't work there anymore *sob sob sob*).

So what is Charlotte doing at two months old? Let's see!
- watches faces intently
- tracks moving objects
- recognizes familiar people at a distance* (she gave me a HUGE pout at the doctor's today when the nurse was holding her and she saw me across the room washing off her pacifier)
-
has developed a social smile
- smiles at the sound of voice
- makes cooing noises, engages in vocal play*
- attends to sound
- startles at loud noises
- enjoys playing with people and may cry if the playing stops (she likes when we get down on the play mat with her)
- becomes more communicative with facial expressions and body
- imitates some movements and facial expressions (loves sticking her tongue out when we do!)

*denotes a three-month skill

She also sits supported (in her Bumbo and on our laps) and I can sometimes let go of her and she'll stay upright for a couple of seconds. She started squealing with delight a few days ago and it's adorable and hilarious, albeit sporadic. She has also been trying to roll over from her back to her tummy. She gets as far as her side and can't quite make it any further. This usually makes her pretty mad. ;)
























"Hmm, now what?"

She's pretty much awesome and she's just getting more and more fun every day! Oh, and she tells the best stories :)









1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE her!! She is smart like her mother :)
    I know how you feel when your a stay at home mom when they are little time drags, Enjoy these times because they do fly by... I can Remember when Charlotte's mom was Charlotte's age, just seems like yesterday *heart*

    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete