Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The one with the good night's sleep

Shout it from the rooftops - Charlotte slept straight through the night last night! Woot woot!

Now, she's always been a pretty decent night sleeper since we started her bedtime routine. She'd get up once or twice to eat and usually go back to sleep easily. Usually. But last night, oh last night, it was different!

She went to bed at 10:30pm (or just a little bit before). At 4:15am I heard her stretching and sort of sleep-cooing a bit, so I got her bottle ready because I expected her to start smacking and protesting for food. I shook up her bottle, got up, looked in the playpen (we're sleeping at Grammie and Grampie's tonight) and she was FAST asleep. I shrugged and headed back to bed, keeping my ear on her just waiting for her to wake up. Even sleeping from 10:30 til just after 4 was exciting for me.

The next time I woke up was just before 6:30am because I heard people awake. I checked the time and was surprised that Charlotte still hadn't woken for food. I got up and looked at her again. Fast asleep. I stuck my finger into her open hand and she grasped it, so I knew she was still alive ;)

Finally, at 7:45am I decided to get out of bed.
Charlotte was still sleeping.

At 8:00, I checked on her and her eyes were open and she was staring at her hand (naturally). Not fussing, not smacking, not crying - just hanging out with her eyes open. So I started talking to her, asking if she wanted to wake up now, and she looked up at me and grinned.

Melt my heart.

So 10:30pm until 8am, Charlotte slept straight through. How very exciting! Now I don't know if it's a fluke (probably), but we may have to move in with Grammie and Grampie if this continues ;)

Happy rested Mommy and happy rested baby are going to finish up the Christmas shopping today, visit with uncles and aunts, and spend another fun evening with Grammie and Grampie. Hooray!

























My beautiful little lovey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment