Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The one where it's finally October and nothing is new...

No, for reals. 39 weeks on Monday and nothing is new.
And, contrary to popular belief, no news is not good news right now. I'm ready for this little lady to come on out of me! I've been having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions and lots of crampiness, but that doesn't seem to matter at all. She is still head down and very low, but my cervix is still very high and I have no clue whether or not anything is progressing. However, I've done enough reading during this pregnancy to know that that's not very reliable anyway. I could walk around 3cm dilated for weeks or I could go from zero to labour in an instant. Regardless, Ladybird is still living in my body .................................for NOW.

*dun dun duuuuuuuun*

And see, the funny thing is that I'm not all impatient for her to come out because of normal pregnancy woes like "I'm exhausted", "I'm too sore to move", or "I want to go out binge drinking" ... no, no. I'm impatient for her to come out because I'm bored. Now that I've parked myself in Antigonish to ensure that I'm close to the hospital in the event of labour, I have nothing to busy myself with. So I wake up, sit around, and evaluate every little twinge and cramp that I have, wondering "oooh, will that become a painful pattern?"
Seriously. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - pregnancy does WEIRD things to you. I never thought I'd sit around waiting desperately for diarrhea, bloody mucus, fluid-soaked pants, or severe abdominal pain and actually be disappointed when none of those things occur. Come on, body! I want to be in pain for hours and hours! Let's get this show on the road, would ya?!

So, the answer to the question that is on everyone's mind is no. No baby yet. She's still in there and probably will be until we nail the eviction notice to my stomach and induce at 41 weeks. I will be pleasantly surprised if she comes sooner than that.
Hey Ladybird - please surprise your mom.

















As far as the baby update goes, not a lot is new on the inside either! The amniotic fluid is starting to become pale and milky from Ladybird shedding her vernix (haha my kid is shedding ... she must get that from Maggie's side of the family) and her outer layers of skin are sloughing off as new layers form underneath. Her toenails have reached the ends of her toes at this point. Better get the clippers ready! Aside from that, she's mostly just hanging out, maturing, and waiting until my uterus decides its had enough too and starts pushing her on out of there!

No comments:

Post a Comment