Thursday, November 25, 2010

The one where Charlotte is six weeks old

Ah, six weeks! It seems to be one of those "magic" numbers. You hear all about making it to six weeks and then everything will be all right with the world. Well, we made it.
























"Check me out, I look so awesome in my jeans!"

Charlotte is doing fantastic. We had our six week check-up yesterday and she weighs a whopping (haha) 9lbs 5oz! I'm glad she's gaining so well, but she's still a little pixie. A month and a half old and she's as big as some babies when they're born. Her head grew 2cm and, according to the height measurement, she shrunk. Ha! We think she wasn't measured properly when she was born because A) she definitely didn't shrink, and B) she's outgrown clothes in length already so she's for sure getting longer. Her heart and lungs sound great, she's still nice and pink, and is just an all-around healthy little girl. She's still losing her hair (or maybe her head is just getting bigger? ha!) and her hairline is getting more and more hilarious. See?



















Ri-donculous!
I especially love the bald ring in the middle. It's AWESOME.

She is smiling more and more and seems to enjoy socializing a lot now. She loves when we just sit and talk or sing to her. She's got great focus and will look at us (and anything that has cool contrast) for longer periods of time. She tracks objects well and when Boyd moves his finger in front of her face, she moves her hand in (what we believe is) an attempt to grab at it. She's super nosy, always wanting to look around and know what's going on. She "talks" constantly when I'm feeding her which is cute most of the time, but not at 3am. I'm not looking forward to trying to get her to eat as she gets older - I'm going to have to feed her in a dark room just to get her to focus enough on the task at hand!



















"Hey sun, I'm so going to have a staring contest with you!"

Her sleep is still going well, with a few rough patches here and there. She usually goes down between 8:30 and 9:30 (all depending on when she's hungry enough for that bedtime bottle) and sleeps a good 5ish hour stretch before waking again to eat. She gets sort of restless and grunty in the wee morning, but usually doesn't wake up again until at least 7am. She still sleeps in the cradle next to our bed and I'm not sure when to move her into her room. I think it'll probably end up being sooner rather than later. It'd be nice not to get disrupted by her tossing and turning and grunting so early in the morning (especially when she's fast sleep through the whole thing!)

As for me, I'm doing well. I still have a small tear that needs to heal up, but aside from that I feel good. I guess it just means more hot baths and taking it easy! I can deal with that. Now if only I had the time to do that...

That's all the news here! Today's agenda = decorating for Christmas and possibly having many a nap. Until next time...



















We love to be cozy! It's the best!

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful. She is a little peanut. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Happy 6 weeks birthday Charlotte. Grammie LOVES you *heart*

    ReplyDelete